Since the end of 2015 and during the first half of 2016, the Department of Quality and Environment of Grupo PACADAR has worked on the extension and adaptation of its Management Systems for Quality and Environment, both at national and international level.
Such extension and adaptation was focused on:
- The definition of a new scope comprising "ENGINEERING SERVICES FOR TECHNICAL CONSTRUCTION SOLUTIONS IN CIVIL ENGINEERING AND BUILDING CONSTRUCTION".
- The incorporation of all the national factories into the Environmental Management System.
- The integration of quality and environment into a single documentary system.
- The implementation of the new requirements set out in the standards UNE EN ISO 9001: 2015 and UNE EN ISO 14001:2015.
The scope and centres included in the Integrated Management System for Quality and Environment at national level, in Spain, are as follows:
- The ENGINEERING SERVICES FOR TECHNICAL CONSTRUCTION SOLUTIONS IN CIVIL ENGINEERING AND BUILDING CONSTRUCTION which are developed in the centres in Madrid and Valencia (Buñol).
- The activities of MANUFACTURE, TRANSPORT AND ASSEMBLY OF UNREINFORCED, REINFORCED, PRESTRESSED PRECAST CONCRETE ELEMENTS AND MIXED PIECES which are performed in the centres in Madrid (Rivas-Vaciamadrid), Barcelona (Sant Boi de Llobregat), Valencia (Buñol), Sevilla (Utrera) and Toledo (Quintanar de la Orden).
Following such works, the first of the targets set internally was met last April when the external certification audit, carried out by the External Entity BUREAU VERITAS IBERIA, was successfully passed. As a result of achieving this milestone, Grupo PACADAR went on to become one of the first Spanish companies to be awarded with the certification under the recently released standards.
In parallel, and always following the maxim of complying with the legal requirements applicable to its products, Grupo PACADAR continues ensuring compliance with product quality requirements and successfully renewed the following certifications in May:
- Certification of the "Plant Production Control" (CE Marking) pursuant to the European Regulation 305/2011 for the marketing of construction products, in all the factories in Spain.
- Certification of "Production Control for Precast Concrete Elements" as established by Royal Decree 1247/2008, by which the Instruction on Structural Concrete (EHE -08) is approved. The certified types of concrete are HA-30, HA-35, HA-40, HA-45 and HP-30, HP-35, HP-40, HP-45, HP-50, HP-55, HP-60.
Likewise, in the last months efforts have focused on the extension of the scope of the national certification to the international level, thus implementing its Integrated Management System for Quality and Environment in the factory in Panama, located in Panama City. In this regard, it is worth highlighting that the Certification audit on quality and environment, also conducted in this facility by the External Entity BUREAU VERITAS IBERIA, was successfully passed in the week from 11th to 17th July.
Grupo PACADAR is aware that quality, environmental management and respect for the safety and health of employees are strategic factors that constitute the best argument for competing in the most demanding national and international markets. That is why PACADAR works day by day in accordance with the local regulations in force, thus making it possible to tailor its products and services to the requirements of the client and to the industry best practices which guarantee the best results.